Polyester is an important variety in synthetic fiber an […]
Polyester is an important variety in synthetic fiber and is the trade name of polyester fiber in China. It is a fiber-forming high polymer-polyethylene terephthalate prepared by esterification or transesterification and polycondensation of terephthalic acid or dimethyl terephthalate and ethylene glycol. Ester, a fiber made by spinning and post-treatment.
Polyester is widely used in the manufacture of clothing and industrial products. Polyester has excellent shape properties. The flattened, fluffy form or pleats produced by the polyester yarn or fabric after being shaped, can be used for a long time without being washed in many times.
What are the properties of polyester?
1. High intensity. The short fiber strength is 2.6 to 5.7 cN/dtex, and the high strength fiber is 5.6 to 8.0 cN/dtex. Due to its low hygroscopicity, its wet strength is essentially the same as the dry strength. The impact strength is 4 times higher than that of nylon and 20 times higher than viscose.
2. Good flexibility. The elasticity is close to that of wool, and when it is stretched by 5% to 6%, it can be almost completely recovered. The wrinkle resistance is superior to other fibers, that is, the fabric is not wrinkled, and the dimensional stability is good. The modulus of elasticity is 22 to 141 cN/dtex, which is 2 to 3 times higher than that of nylon.
3. Good heat resistance.
4. The surface of the polyester is smooth, the internal molecules are closely arranged, and the hydrophilic structure is lacking between the molecules, so the moisture regain is small and the moisture absorption performance is poor.
5. Good wear resistance. Wear resistance is second only to nylon with the best abrasion resistance, better than other natural and synthetic fibers.
6. Light resistance is good. Lightfastness is second only to acrylic.
7. Corrosion resistance. Resistant to bleaches, oxidants, hydrocarbons, ketones, petroleum products and inorganic acids. Resistant to dilute alkali, not afraid of mildew, but hot alkali can make it decompose.
8. Dyeing is poor.